9.2.09

Feb. 9th, 2009

9.2.09
Someone on my floor has apparently been smoking somewhere nearby (in the hallway, maybe?), which seeps into my apartment & makes my teeny tiny place smell like smoke. To combat it, I've been creating my own smoke by lighting incense. I don't know what scent the incense is because I got it for free from Antonio, the homeless man who used to stay on the street in my neighborhood. I got him some dinner one day & he gave me this package of incense that a friend of his had given him - it had gotten wet, so the friend could no longer sell them, so he'd given Antonio lots & lots of it. Antonio was trying to dry it out to sell it, but in the meantime, he gave me a whole packet.

I haven't seen Antonio in a very, very long time & knowing some of his health problems, I worry that he he's passed away. But every time I pass his spot on Connecticut Ave. or light this incense, I think of him fondly & hope I'm wrong & that he's someplace living a better life.



PS: Don't make fun of my book collection.
PPS: Or my ghetto incense burner.

2 comments:

  1. Make fun of your book collection? I have every single one of those books. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the twilight series... LOVE the host. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Pocket